We are looking for a full-time association secretariat. The hours will be 0845 – 1720, including a lunch break from 1300 – 1400, Monday to Friday.
We need a confident person with good computer skills to organise and deliver an efficient and professional service on behalf of the association. We are looking for someone who can work independently, is highly organised and has exemplary time management skills.
You will take responsibility for making sure the association is achieving the high-level results our company expects for our clients.
We are looking for a person who is:
- dynamic and self-motivated
- able to work in a small team environment
- professional with precise attention to detail
- able to work independently
- confident communicating with people face-to-face, on the phone and via email
- prepared to tackle any and all tasks
- able to develop content for websites and social media posts with flair and exemplary literacy skills
Aspects of the role include:
- administrative and member support
- membership and database maintenance
- board meeting and AGM minute taking and management
- facilitate communication via newsletters
- tracking accounts
- web site updating
- provide support for online and professional development events
It is not a requirement for applicants to have direct association management experience.
Previous employment that has required you practice commendable communication skills will be of benefit. You will be dealing with the association’s board and their members, listening to their ideas and providing constructive advice and suggestions.
You must have worked with and have a high-level of understanding and application of the standard suite of Office software. We have specific association management software, Events AIR, so will be looking for someone who is accomplished in databases.
Remuneration will be negotiated to suit the experience you bring to the company. It is anticipated the successful applicant will be working independently, but within a strong, supportive team environment.
Although most of your time will be based in our Hobart office you will be required to travel interstate for their associations annual Conference. Conference Design manage this conference and it could be held anywhere from Broome to Christchurch.
You will be expected to be present for the duration of the out of state conferences; this will be approximately three to four nights. You may also need to attend meetings that require overnight stays.
Please send your resume, including two professional referees, with a cover letter to email@example.com