Invitation to Attend
I am excited to offer you an invitation to attend the ISANA International Education Association's 24th Annual Conference in Brisbane. The theme for this meeting is “Comprehensive Internationalisation of the Campus”.
This looks at Internationalisation not only of international students but also at home for local students, engagement between international and domestic students, opportunities for study abroad and exchange, volunteering with international and cross cultural organisations, and also internationalisation of the curriculum.
- Internationalisation of schools and colleges, transnational educational models, and campuses with predominant numbers of international students
- Support services and comprehensive internationalisation
- Best practice in holistic approaches to internationalisation
- Internationalisation of the curriculum
- Opportunities for enhancing volunteering, internships, and study abroad and exchange opportunities
- Peer mentoring for interaction between students
- Harnessing productive diversity within institutions ...
ISANA began as the Overseas Student Advisers’ Network (OSAN) in 1989. It was formed as a special interest group of the Australian and New Zealand Student Services Association (ANZSSA), as a network of people in new roles of delivering support services to international students. OSAN, later renamed the International Student Advisers’ Network of Australia, conducted conferences, and addressed issues of international student experiences in Australia. It very rapidly expanded to include New Zealand members and, in 2002, a New Zealand branch was formed. It has also expanded well beyond being of interest just to student service personnel to encompass all aspects and professions involved with international education. Because of the expansion of membership in 1999 ISANA adopted the name, ISANA: International Education Association Inc
Dr William I. Brustein, Ohio State University
Dr Fran Martin, University of Melbourne
Ms Jo Asquith, James Cook International
Visit the Invited Speakers page for full biographies..
Who should Attend ISANA 2013?
Australian and New Zealand delegates from the following professions and organisations should attend this conference ...
- International student advisors and counsellors
- Exchange/Study Abroad coordinators
- Coordinators of student services
- Language and study skills staff
- NZAID and AusAID liaison officers
- International office administrators
- Admissions officers
- Accommodation officers
- Students and teachers
- International marketing managers
- Government personnel
- Overseas government, consulate and embassy officials
- International educators from around the world
- International education and recruitment agents
- Researchers in international education
- Supporting companies such as accommodation providers and insurance providers
- Accommodation & Travel
- Brisbane Dining & Activities
- Call for Papers
- Contact Details
- General Information
- Invited Speakers
- Professional Development Day
- Provisional Program
- Social Program
- Special Interest Forums
- Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Committee Zone